Wednesday, February 23, 2011

C.A.P. Critical Reflection


Connection:

          So far in my visual literacy class I have done many activities that have broadened my knowledge and skills with making and editing visuals. Along with a scrapbook we are doing for the class, we also have this blog that we post the activities we do in class and discuss what we did and how we feel about our work. The activities we have done so far are horizon lines, golden section, grouping concepts, alignment, and color & emphasis. Some of the visuals I created in the grouping concepts could be more direct and have better connections to represent the words that I portrayed with shapes. The theme with the alignment activity is clear but could have been more connecting to the viewer. Overall, the majority of the visuals could be slightly adjusted but I am happy with the outcome. Each activity was posted separately to flow right and prevent confusion to what the goal was for each post. Many of the visuals were cropped to keep the focus on the finished product. 

Alignment:

          For each activity I have done on the blog, I look at it afterward and make corrections if I feel it is needed. Alignment is one factor that I have focused on and several times I have edited my post to make the visual more visually appealing by adjusting the size and placement of the images and text on my blog. I would have a clear answer for any alignment questions that a potential client might have for me. Some of the visuals I did in the beginning of the semester could be adjusted and cropped to have more of a focus on the visual but they were done on Powerpoint and I did not save them properly to edit them. I am satisfied with the alignment of the majority of my visuals.

Priority:

          I believe that each of my visuals are appealing and have connection, proper alignment and good choices of color to reflect the skills I have learned so far. The background of my blog is a water-splash green and I personally think it is better and more appealing than a bland background. I made the postings background a light green that is complementary with the purple text so that the color difference wasn’t severe and blocky. I sized the visuals appropriately to make them the right size compared to the text and other visuals. Many of the visuals are cropped to show the main focus of the skill used but others are appropriately sized to show what is important. Some of the visuals in the grouping concepts could be sized differently to show emphasis. I took my time when I chose the colors that are complementary to each other.  I also made some backgrounds black or another color to focus on the visual. I reviewed each post and made some adjustments that made the overall post better visually including text size and position of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment